Learning Essentials for Adults in Durham Region (LEADR) is seeking an energetic person who is passionate about adult education to join our team as contract Community Outreach Coordinator. LEADR is a non-profit, charitable organization which has served and supported adult education and literacy in Durham Region for over 30 years. LEADR is a volunteer organization dedicated to providing tutoring for adults in basic literacy, numeracy, and digital skills.
This is a full-time 11-month contract position that is part of the Skills for Success project designed to increase the capacity of LEADR in serving its mission. The focus of the project is to support the expansion of itinerate service to underrepresented groups that are attached to community support agencies such as homeless shelters, abilities centres, public libraries, and resident community centres. The Outreach Coordinator will identify and develop an implementation plan to reach various underrepresented groups that include, but is not restricted to, homeless populations, persons with disabilities with a focus on neurodiversity/addictions needs. This will include direct literacy training, development of appropriate curriculum, and significant outreach initiatives to community organizations.
The position requires previous experience working with vulnerable and marginalized adult populations and a demonstrated ability to work with multiple agencies. It will require significant travel throughout Durham Region and work from the LEADR office is a requirement. The position also requires a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Masters degree in social science, ideally in relation to adult education; or a combination of a University with relevant work experience.
- Proven experience working in adult education in community settings
- Experience managing and delivering projects
- Ability to independently manage competing deadlines and a track record of working with community programs to deliver services to a range of client groups
- Create and executive a strategic outreach plan focused on underrepresented groups
- Coordinate with numerous community partners to deliver relevant literacy upgrading to a range of groups and individuals
- Develop and track relevant outcome measurements
- Develop appropriate content and materials for appropriate literacy and upgrading instruction.
- Maintain learner files and relevant documentation; develop training plans; implement goal-specific milestones; complete relevant learner exit forms and follow-ups as necessary
Demonstrated Knowledge in the Areas of:
- Literacy instruction and curriculum development in adult education
- Understanding community-based adult literacy and education
- Local programs and resources to support learner access to social and educational services
Skills in the Areas of:
- File management and an understanding educational assessment
- Data management and statistical analysis
- Supervising, coaching, and performance management, and team building
- Negotiating, problem-solving, and managing conflict
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Application Deadline: Wednesday April 26 at 5pm.