Learning Essentials for Adults in Durham Region (LEADR) is seeking an energetic person who is passionate about adult education to join our team as a part-time Learner Coordinator. LEADR is a non-profit, charitable organization which has served and supported adult education and literacy in Durham Region for over 30 years. LEADR is a volunteer organization dedicated to providing tutoring for adults in basic literacy, numeracy, and digital skills.
This is a part-time contract position designed to increase the capacity of LEADR in serving its mission. The focus of the project is to focus on the learner experience and help the organization provide seamless, timely, and highly individualized training to adult learners in our community. As point of contact for learner referrals, a key aspect of the position will be to provide learners with clear communication and to effectively coordinate learner/tutor matches. The position will also facilitate direct literacy training as needed.
- University degree in social science, ideally in relation to adult education; or a combination of a Diploma with relevant work experience; and/or a Teaching and Training Adults Certificate
- Main point of contact for learner referrals from other programs and agencies
- Coordinate learner/volunteer matches
- Provide onsite literacy instruction with one-to-one and small group instruction
- Develop appropriate content and materials for one-to-one literacy instruction
- Maintain learner files and relevant documentation; develop training plans; implement goal-specific milestones; complete relevant learner exit forms and follow-ups
Demonstrated Knowledge in the Areas of:
- Literacy instruction and curriculum development in adult education
- Understanding community-based adult literacy and education
- Local programs and resources to support learner access to social and educational services
Skills in the Areas of:
- File management and an understanding educational assessment
- Data management and statistical analysis
- Supervising, coaching, and performance management, and team building
- Negotiating, problem-solving, and managing conflict
To apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Tuesday September 30 at 5pm.